Helpful habits and advice to improve skin health and wellbeing
Impeccable, glowing skin has always been one of the most envied beauty ideals around the world. No matter where you live, flawless skin is considered an indicator for internal health and wellbeing and can make a huge difference in a person’s confidence levels.
Since we at Sea Buck Switzerland always want you to be beautiful from the inside out and encourage consciousness, we want to share with you actions that you can actively undertake to achieve glowing and healthy skin.
Skincare should be seen as a holistic act: you should take care of your skin from the outside with a skincare routine that suits your own skin complexion and from the inside with several actions that improve your health and wellbeing.
- Drinking enough water is an essential habit to improve the skin condition because it keeps your skin hydrated and helps flushing out toxins which will leave your skin with a clearer complexion.
- Nutrition has a large impact on skin condition! Try to minimise the consumption of food that contains chemicals, artificial ingredients and lots of sugar. Instead focus food with a high nutritional value, such as vitamins, amino acids and healthy fats. If you are craving sugary food before or during your period, try to eat more salmon and avocado. Not only will the fatty acids (salmon contains a high dose of Omega 3) keep you satisfied and help with blood sugar control, but they also reduce inflammation.
- Understand the importance of intestinal health! A healthy gut is the key to clear skin, it has been scientifically proven that the digestive system has a direct influence on skin health. To improve the gut flora it is recommended to eat probiotic rich food like kefir, sauerkraut or natural yogurt. In case of Acne it might be beneficial to get your gut health checked before you start using any harsh products or antibiotics.
- Stress almost always shows on the skin. When we are under stress the human body releases the stress hormone cortisol, which can cause very dry, wrinkly or oily skin resulting in acne. A workout session, meditation or breathing exercises can help to calm down and dealing with stress, and on top of that exercising stimulates the blood flow into the skin which keeps it radiant and glowing. If you are interested in getting to know more about stress management, we will shortly post an article about it which will include meditation and breathing praxis.
- Maximise the benefits of your skincare! Choose your skincare products wisely: embrace your natural skin complexion and don’t try to change it with harsh and artificial products. Instead opt for real, natural ingredients. Sea Buck Switzerland products are all organic and based on Seabuckthorn which includes all Omega acids (even the rare Omega 7) which will nurture and protect the skin. This superfruit also contains a high dose of Vitamin C which will help to heal breakouts, red spots and irritations faster. As most of you probably are aware, sun protection is essential to skin cancer prevention. Furthermore, sun radiation can weaken the skin and cause wrinkles. All Sea Buck creams contain a natural sun protector through the high content of Seabuckthorn.
- Removing your make up before you go to bed should always be a priority, no matter how tired you are. Sleeping with your make up on will clog your pores causing break outs and preventing the skin from renewing itself at night.
We hope that with this post we can contribute to generating your inner beauty that comes with wellbeing and health. Always embrace your natural beauty and take good care of yourself!
Author Annika Bongard